Dec 19, 2009

Salvete, all!

So sorry for the lack of posts lately. I just ended the most stressful finals week of my life. I thought it would be a good idea to schedule two breakfast shifts at Kimball in between my finals, but all that did was to make me exhausted when trying to study for my two finals Thursday and one Friday. I got through it, though, and am now writing this post from my cozy basement in a blizzard-ridden Philadelphia. I find it ironic that the second I drove into my county early this morning (we decided to take a midnight run” home so we could avoid the storm), we drove smack into the middle of a snowstorm and temps in the 20s. I thought I had just left New England!

Besides finishing the up the semester, I am also just about through with the Study Abroad application process. When I come back from Christmas break, I have an interview and then my fate will be sealed. More updates on that when I have more information! My friend Mike is leaving for Australia in February for a year, and it’s making me realize just how strange the end of next semester is going to be for me. This may be my last semester at Holy Cross for a year. Simultaneously a bummer and super exciting.

Reflecting on the past semester, I must admit that it has been a whirlwind. I have accomplished so many things that I had set out to do in my time at Holy Cross…apply to go abroad (that was quite the battle), join the College Honors program, survive and thrive as a Kimball captain, and have fun. I think I have struck an even better balance than last year at managing schoolwork and friends. And best of all, I have met some of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever encountered, and am so thankful to have gotten to know them! Cheers to the Kimball captains and everyone else who has made this semester a wonderful one.

Look for lots of exciting posts in the New Year! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and see you in 2010! Xairete!