October 5, 2008

Hello all! Hope you had a great weekend.

Mine did not start off on such a great note. I got sick on Thursday night, woke up feeling miserable on Friday, and had to take my Greek midterm. Somehow I got through that (making only a few minor mistakes, according to my professor’s initial glance at the test!), ate something, and thought I felt a little better. I was wrong. About fifteen minutes into my Montserrat seminar (for which I have the same teacher, Professor Joseph, as for Greek), I knew I wasn’t going to make it. I fled the classroom and hibernated from 1-5 in my room, and emerged only to eat a little something and watch a movie with my friend Lauren. I was a little delirious because I had a slight fever, so for some reason I cleaned my whole side of the room, including my bookshelf, closet, and drawers. It was quite an odd night.

Saturday I felt much better. That night I went into Boston with my friends Simone, Beth, and Jill, and despite the cold, we had such a good time! I’ve come to love the city of Boston already, for its accessibility to walkers, gorgeous buildings dating back to the Revolution, and amazing shopping. Although, while at dinner, I noticed that the Phillies game was on (GO PHILS) and it made me miss the City of Brotherly Love a little. I haven’t really been homesick at all (I’ve been too busy to be!), but the fact that I’m going home in less than a week is making me yearn to be back in Drexel Hill more than at the beginning of the year. Or maybe it’s just my craving for a real Philly cheese steak…

I’m smack in the middle of midterms, but I’m not too overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to get done. My midterms are spaced out very well- I already took Greek, I have Montserrat on Thursday (I’m taking it a day early because I won’t be here Friday), and Latin is in two weeks. My grading in Philosophy is based on papers, which is fitting due to the emphasis on thinking and discussion in the class.

Ah well, back to work. Two chapters of Plato’s Republic are calling my name. Valete (goodbye)!